Implantology is an integral part of dental practice and is rapidly catching pace over the past decade. It is no more an optional knowledge for practicing dentists, rather a must have skill.
Implant Study Group, was dreamed and formed by experienced faciomaxillary surgeon Dr Girish Rao and his colleague, and enthusiastic prosthodontist in the year 2000. Over the years having successfully rehabilitated hundreds of patients with dental implants, both of them realized that there was an acute need to train other dentists in India in the rapidly developing field of Implantology.
In 2005, they started the first advanced surgical and prosthetic course in Implantology, through which more than 350 dental practitioners from both India and abroad have get trained.
To further enhance the skills of dental practitioners in Implantology and also to create a forum to discuss and interact on the challenging cases an Implant Study Group(ISG) was created. The aim of this group is to share knowledge and continue professional development in the exciting field of Implantology.
Course Objectives & Learning Outcomes
This 12 module online course comprises a wide range of topics in the field of implant dentistry. On completion of the course you should be able to:
- Assess and discuss about appropriate prosthetic treatment planning
- Learn the basics of bone anatomy, histology and osseointegration
- Assess the appropriateness of implants in the partially or fully edentulous patient
- Decide on the appropriate diagnostic radiographs/materials required for treatment planning for implant rehabilitation
- Understand impression taking, abutment selection, temporization and final restoration of implants
- Learn about various types of incisions and suturing techniques
- Discuss about appropriate post-procedural care in implant cases
Who Should take up this course?
- Practicing Dentists who wish to gain Implant knowledge
- Prosthodontists looking at enhancing practice spectrum into implatology
- Maxillofacial surgeons, with focus on Implant dentistry
- Dental house surgeons, looking at building a career in Implant dentistry
Dr Divya Rani P
MDS (Prostho), Fellow Implant Dentistry, Diplomate ICOI
- MCQ based online assessment
- Final Year BDS Students
- 1st year & 2nd Year PG Students
- BDS/MDS (or its equivalent in respective country)
Medical or Dental Council of India does not recognize courses that are offered independently through online or blended learning platform.
No. The aim of this course is to be a form of continuing professional development that will increase your clinical knowledge, and improve your skills. It is not a replacement to formal medical/dental education and specialization.
Some of the courses are online and some are ‘Blended’ learning programs. The description would provided as part of the course overview. Online courses can be accessed on laptop/ desktop/ tablet/ mobile with good internet connection. Blended learning would require you to attend a defined period of hands-on or observership program at attachment centers across India. The program is available for a duration of 12 weeks or course duration (whichever is longer) from your date of joining the course. You could study as much as you can and as many times as you wish in that duration.
Once you complete the enrollment process, you will be provided with a unique enrollment number and login details to Mediknit.org. If in case, you haven’t received the same within 3 working days from enrollment, please feel free to call us on +91 78997 23391 or write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org
All assessments are online and MCQ based. You will also be given a final exam successful completion of which will make you eligible for the certification.
The final online test will be unlocked as soon as you complete all the lectures. It will only be available for total of 12 weeks or the course duration (whichever is longer) from your date of joining the course.
Three attempts, third attempt will be released on email request only.
What is the importance of this certificate? Is it like an additional degree? Can I apply for credit points from this certificate at the medical council?
This course completion certificate is issued by Mediknit and Implant Study Group. Until and unless explicitly mentioned, there are no credit points accredited to any university / medical body for this course.
No. We do not provide any placement assistance or guarantee.
Yes. The course and the content are relevant across the globe for International Students before enrolling can contact the learner management team by writing to email@example.com or call +91 9686199051
- 5000 */- + GST payable on registration (Non-refundable).
- 5000 */- + GST payable on confirmation of admission.
- All above mentioned fees are in INR and applicable only in SAARC countries and Africa. Conversion and bank charges for international payments will be additional.
* Fees exclusive of 18% GST.
* At no instance the registration fees shall be refunded, if the applicant is either disqualified or fails to take up the course.
* On short listing the names if the applicant chooses not to take up the course, he shall inform not later than 10 days from the date of short list announcement.